AWS Reinvent 2017 Day 1 Roundup
Hello again everyone, as I said in yesterdays post
Today I will round up some of the services and activities from yesterday and my conference “experiences” to date.
Amazon made a series of announcements about new products and services in 2 areas.
1. AV and VR
Amazon Sumerian: Currently in Preview only this new application lets you create and run virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and 3D applications quickly and easily without requiring any specialized programming or 3D graphics expertise. You can, for instance, build a virtual classroom to train new employees globally, or build a virtual environment to tour a building remotely. all this can be achieved directly from your browser learn more here…
2. Media Services
AWS Elemental Media Suite: Currently on general release with five service offerings:
- AWS Elemental MediaConvert: This is a file-based video processing service that allows video providers with any size and scale of content transcode on-demand content for broadcast and multiscreen delivery. The usual AWS pay as you go pricing model applies, with tight integration with other AWS services.
learn more here…
- AWS Elemental MediaLive: a live video processing service that enables video providers to encode high-quality live video streams for broadcast television and multiscreen devices. With push-button deployment, you can stand up live channels quickly and automatically scale up and down based on load and number of channels. learn more here…
- AWS Elemental MediaPackage: This is a video origination and just-in-time packaging service that lets video distributors securely and reliably deliver streaming content at scale. You can reduce workflow complexity, increase origin resiliency, and better protect multiscreen content without the risk of under or over-provisioning infrastructure. learn more here…
- AWS Elemental MediaStore: This is a video origination and storage service offering high performance, predictable low latency, and immediate consistency that is required for live and on-demand media. it leverages the security and durability of Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3). The service provides an inexpensive method for simple pass-through content delivery.
learn more here…
- AWS Elemental MediaTailor: This is a content personalization and monetization service allowing video providers to serve video with targeted ads to end users while maintaining broadcast quality-of-service in multiscreen video applications. Adverts are inserted upstream prior to delivery, on the server side; so, a continuous stream arrives at the consumer device, eliminating any possibility of discrimination between content and commercials. learn more here…
These services can all function independently or as part of AWS Media Services.
As I said yesterday this is just day one expect a lot more services to be announced as the week continues from the keynote addresses etc… I will keep you posted.
Not much swag yesterday I went to the certification lounge and all I got was a T-shirt. t may sound odd but when you compare my haul from last year then you can see why…Amazon, take note Swag is important…not good enough!!! We love getting the different levels of swag that reflect our achievements.
2017 Cert Swag
2016 cert swag
2016 all five cert swag
In other news, I met a person of interest an explosives protection dog called “Garzon” a six-year-old Belgian Malinois Explosives detection dog working the event. He even had his own baseball card.
Picture of the Cisco stand I mentioned yesterday
There seemed to be DJs everywhere, which was cool, music to set the tone of the area I guess
Tomorrow is when Vendor Expo opens up so there will be lots of interviews and videos
Finally, I will be tweeting live as much as I can so you can follow me on twitter @awsforbusiness or @chidi_oparah to get the updates before I upload content in my daily roundup and Linkedin
Let me know what you think of the write-ups so far in the comments below or if there is anything, in particular, you would like me to cover your feedback helps.
Speak soon stay tuned, until tomorrow…see here
Chidi for AWSforBusiness.com