Migrating company workloads to the cloud present many opportunities to increase:
• Database performance.
• Reduce licensing costs.
• Decrease administrative overhead.
• Minimising downtime during database migrations, especially for multi-tenant databases with multiple schemas is a key challenge.
In this white paper, we examine how to migrate multi-tenant Microsoft Azure SQL databases to Amazon Aurora using a combination of Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3). This can scale to thousands of databases simultaneously, keeping downtime to a minimum between switching to new databases.
The target audience for this paper includes:
• Database and system administrators performing migrations from Azure SQL Databases into Amazon Aurora, where AWS-managed migration tools can’t currently be used.
• Database developers and administrators with SSIS experience.
• IT managers who want to learn about migrating databases and applications to AWS
This is part of the essential reading to get you up to speed provided by AWS