Amazon's AWS Learning Services Team is currently seeking Software Engineers in Portland, Oregon.
AWS Learning Management Systems is building and maintaining the learning systems that are reaching millions of AWS Customers, Partners, and Users. As they learn how to maximize tools, services, and offerings in Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will be constantly evolving our core capabilities including our Learning Management System (LMS), Learning Record Store (LRS), and Learning Content Management Store (LCMS), among others to enable our customers in their journey to gain technical expertise.
The AWS Learning Management Systems is an outstanding opportunity to change the way enterprise software is bought and sold, so if you have experience with software development and would like to be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up, and have the opportunity to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing, then we want to speak to you!
Relocation assistance is available for this position!
We will be in Portland, OR for a hiring event on the week of 7/22 -7/26
We hope you can join us!
As an Software Engineer you will:
- Design and development of interactive applications
- Full stack development
- Design, develop, and maintain large scale web and API applications on AWS focusing on performance, scalability and stability
- Integrate our systems with core Amazon services for e-commerce, identity, security, etc.
- Contribute to new services to support products and initiatives across our AWS Learning Services space
- Collaborate on our technology road map, turn visions into reality
- Building scalable and robust user interfaces
- Be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind
- You will lead and mentor other talented engineers
- Interact with Product Managers and Designers converting their vision into technical solutions
- collaborate with other Software Engineers to guide the team on development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions that you build
- Work with Agile methodologies
- Work with least one high level or scripting language
- Own the end-to-end design of major deliverables, working closely with a team of SDEs and Data Engineers to execute them
- Fast-paced environment where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company