Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference? Do you want to be part of a transformation that leverages Amazon Web Services (AWS) to build big data capabilities? Do you want to be part of a collaborative and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible program that is migrating existing mission and business applications to an AWS environment.
As a member of the software development team you will:
- Apply best software engineering principles and agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer and system requirements into total system solutions while understanding technical, schedule, and cost constraints and strategic direction.
- Conduct unit, integration, and system level test on all software and procedures.
- Collaborate with team members and participate in peer reviews with fellow developers to discuss best methods of software development design and implementation.
- Communicate openly with the engineering, requirements and test team members.
- Active Secret clearance. Higher level clearances also accepted.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
- 2+ (2) years of software development experience in a combination of any of these languages: C/C++, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Experience with UNIX and Windows commands.
- Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge or experience with any of the following: Amazon Web Services - EC2, S2, Elastic IPs, EBS, Security Groups, and VPC, Subversion and/or Git, ETL highly preferred.
- Ability to work within a team environment or individually, as needed.
- Capacity to develop a clear understanding of the business needs and incorporate these needs into technical solutions.
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and customers.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 703.896-5819 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for assistance.
Blue Star is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.