At AWS, we want to make it easy for our customers to use their data to make better decisions using analytics. The AWS Analytics & Machine Learning team is hiring for one of the most dynamic and rapidly-growing teams in the organization to design and build strategic new analytics products, used by over 1 million customers world wide.
Key job responsibilities
This position presents a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing business and help shape the technology, product, and the business. As a software development engineer in this fast and exciting space, you will own early development for a brand new offering. In this position, you will design, build, and scale our front-end stack, back-end API's and services. A successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about a product and its technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value into software; work cross-organizationally to deliver results, and dive deep to lead engineering decisions. You will engage and influence engineers and leaders on product vision and technical implementation activities.
What can you expect?
You will be part of team that will be building a new AWS service from the ground up. If you are excited about building the next generation analytics experiences that delight AWS customers, are architecturally sound, scale effortlessly, extremely resilient, and easy to operate, then this opportunity will be a great fit. Launching a new service from scratch is a unique opportunity to bring your entire experience to the fore, start with a clean state, and challenge yourself at a completely different level. This is a high visibility initiative in our most strategic area.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
* 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
* 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
* Bachelors in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
* Proven ability to mentor junior engineers and influence technical designs of the team
* Experience translating design mock-ups and prototypes into working application designs.
* Proven expertise in building highly performant, scalable, fault tolerant systems that low operational cost
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Master's degree in Computer Science
* Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
* Prior experience of successfully navigating situations with a high level of ambiguity
* Proven track record of making data driven decisions
* Customer obsessed management experience
* Motivated to take ownership of projects and drive tasks to completion
* Demonstrated passion about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and working with the latest technologies
* Experience communicating and working cross-functionally. Responsibilities will include but is not limited to collaborating with other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
* Experience with AWS technology
* Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. - provided by Dice