Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally “going dark” at a rate that is exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, we are seeking a talented Cloud Engineer with AWS experience.
What you’ll do…
- Build a framework using AWS cloud technologies that will be used to collect, transfer, and archive data files of varying formats into a secure environment.
- Take full advantage of AWS technologies including EC2, SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, and more to build a resilient, cost effective data transport solution.
- Use tools like CloudWatch, CloudTrail, and/or Splunk to diagnose and triage issues.
- Take advantage of new cloud services as they become available to further streamline data transport.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement autoscaling compatible architecture.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’ve obtained a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- You have 7+ years of demonstrable professional experience in a DevOps or Infrastructure Engineer role deploying and supporting scalable & secure cloud-deployed solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph
It’d be even better if you…
- Have experience building solutions using AWS S3, SQS, Diode, and other AWS technologies.
- Have experience writing & maintaining Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Have demonstrated experience in managing identity and access management roles.
- Have experience development & maintenance of a CI/CD system.
- Have the ability to write clear & concise documentation for development, QA & support teams.
- Have the ability to understand and contribute to full-stack product needs and requirements.
- High level written and verbal communication in both general and technology-specific applications.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.