Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a well-rounded professional background in IT Operations including environment architecture, design, automation, network engineering, SAN Storage, systems administration, virtualization, monitoring, incident response, configuration management.
• Minimum 7 years professional IT Operations or Infrastructure implementation experience.
• Minimum 5 years' experience provisioning, operating, and managing AWS environments.
• Must possess the following active certification: AWS Solutions Architect - Associate.
• Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
• Extensive experience as Cloud Solutions Architect with AWS IaaS and PaaS (AWS EC2, S3, VPC, RDS, Route53, DirectConnect, VPN, CloudFront, etc.).
• Experience with AWS managed services Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and AWS Step Functions.
• Knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
• Experience with Linux and Windows
• Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
• Consulting / Client serving experience
• AWS Certified Professional level certification
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code using CloudFormation, Terraform, and/or AWS Cloud Development Kit.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible or similar
• Experience with distributed deployments of Splunk Enterprise
• Knowledge of DevOps methods and CI/CD automation practices
• Knowledge of containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• Knowledge of data migration practices and technologies