ITAC Solutions is assisting a Birmingham client in their search for a highly experienced and certified Lead AWS Engineer!
This person will be a key member of the DevOps team responsible for building high-value strategies within the DevOps department. This Leader will also partner with the engineering teams to drive conversion projects in the cloud. Our client is looking for a leader and influencer who can deliver internal customer value help build out the next generation Cloud Infrastructure for this platform.
Interested in hearing more? Apply today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Design, Enable, and deliver scalable and automated strategy – Infrastructure as Code
- Works with Development teams to provide the automation and tooling required to quickly deploy and manage their applications
- Works with the Infrastructure team to automate the provisioning and configuration of resources and software
- Works with Infrastructure and Development teams to provide monitoring and observability into the behavior of applications and systems
- Works on Scrum teams alongside Developers and Product Owners to support new infrastructure and operational needs
- Manages a continuous deployment pipeline to fully automate the deployment of the highly available, mission-critical applications
- Develops and automates standard operating procedures around common failure scenarios
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in our development, test, and production environments
- Designs, manages, and maintains tools to automate operational processes
- Partner in building DevOps road map for the organization and drive teams towards the same.
- Enable “DEVOPS” mindset into the organization by working collaboratively with Dev and operation team.
- Ensure appropriate CI/CD pipelines are built and executed with automation and utilization of appropriate dev ops tool – on both Cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Design, develop, and support all AWS activities for most environment
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Proficiency in AWS cloud products
- Knowledge in Amazon API Gateway, Amazon Pinpoint, Amazon SQS, Amazon SNS is a plus
- Expert level of experience in DevOps, ITIL, Cloud Services, IT Infrastructure and Operations, including environment standup, server builds, firewalls, security and compliance
- DevOps and CI/CD tools such as, but not limited Jenkins and Ansible, Terraform (for AWS)
- Proficiency in CI/CD pipeline along with traceability of work from Ideation to Production – Jira /Bitbucket/Jenkins/Docker Images / Jfrog Artifactory – Release Management
- Experience provisioning workloads with Ansible
- Demonstrable, recent experience developing web-applications or microservices using Java and/or node.js a plus.
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA defect tracking, Footprints Service Core, AgileCraft-scaled management software a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.).