AWS Infrastructure Engineer
AJ Bell is one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, with assets under administration exceeding £50.7 billion and more than 224,600 clients. Our award-winning products include AJ Bell Youinvest and AJ Bell Investcentre.
Position: AWS Infrastructure Engineer
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £Competitive DOE
Benefits: Bonus, Study Support, Pension, DIS, BAYE Share Scheme, Onsite Gym & Classes, Pay Day Drinks
About the role:
Due to growth within the team, an opportunity has arisen for an AWS Infrastructure Engineer to join the Infrastructure team. Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for helping to deliver continuous improvement in the Infrastructure function.
- Contribute to the design, management & maintenance of our AWS hosted infrastructure covering our dev, UAT and production environments.
- Provide a resilient, scalable and secure platform.
- Support technology projects & sprints.
- Deliver to the maintenance plan.
- 3rd line incident and service request resolution.
- Problem management and root cause analysis.
- Provide internal guidance and support to colleagues regarding AWS best practice.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Extensive hands-on expertise in AWS, ideally gained within the financial services sector.
- A certified AWS Solution Architect Associate (or equivalent/higher level comparable certification)
- Ability to be credible and professional.
- Able to challenge appropriately and present effective solutions.
- A self-starter who can work on own initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- A high focus on delivery and continuous improvement.
Desirable skills and experience you can also bring:
- Containerisation (Docker and AWS ECS or similar)
- Linux and Windows, with emphasis on scripting and automation.
- Automation tools, focusing on deployments through CodeBuild and CodePipeline.
- AWS-based capacity and performance logging and monitoring solutions.
- Building custom dashboards and tools to support the platform.
- Experience in architecting and building solutions to support highly available and scalable web sites, mobile apps and public APIs.
- MySQL / Aurora, MongoDB, Redis and other database / NoSQL technologies.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we take great pride in what we do and this is reflected in our guiding principles. You’ll receive all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role. There are opportunities for growth and professional development those who want to develop their career including in-house and external courses plus our study support scheme.
Our office design is centred on delivering agile and collaborative working spaces that enable us to deliver a first class service to our customers. As well as state-of-the-art work areas, the office also has its own gym, relaxed break-out zones, a roof terrace, a dining area and a lounge which transforms into a bar for staff once a month. We also offer a variety of social events throughout the year, which are open to all staff.
You may have experience of the following: AWS Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Amazon Web Services, Infrastructure Specialist, AWS Engineer, AWS Specialist, etc.