*No third-party candidates, corp-to-corp, H1-B will be accepted.
Title: AWS Engineer
Location: Greater Phoenix, Arizona
Our client is in the higher education industry and represents one of the largest education institutions in the United States. Our client is in search of an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud Engineer. This role has significant oversight of large-scale cloud computing solutions across the full enterprise stack. AWS will be used by a variety of stakeholders at the organization. This is a hands-on role requiring heavy engagement within AWS on a daily basis. This role regularly collaborates with numerous technical subject matter experts, IT managers, and Directors, and is frequently called upon to translate business goals into cost-effective solutions using the AWS platform. Experience managing and deploying solutions in AWS is desired.
- Experience as a lead on an enterprise AWS cloud environment at a higher education institution or enterprise-level organization
- Experience in AWS-based security groups, networking (for example, VPC, VPN, DNS), compute (for example, EC2), storage (for example, S3, EBS, Glacier), logging and monitoring using Cloudwatch and CloudTrail, managing AWS organizations in ControlTower, identity and access management including configuring users, groups, roles and policies, business continuity and disaster recovery planning (for example, regions, availability zones), cloud platform operations and governance
- Experience with both JSON and Python, automating AWS tasks using AWS tools, SDKs, cloud formation scripts, command line tools, and RESTful API integrations
- Experience migrating on-premise applications and services including alternative SaaS solutions to AWS as well as understanding financial modeling and costs in AWS; preferably with PeopleSoft
- Experience supervising a technical staff
- Other AWS-obtained certifications (for example, AWS Certified Advanced Networking Specialty, AWS Certified Security Specialty, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner)
- Possess other relevant, current certifications (for example, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, Project+, PMI-ACP, CSM, CSPO, scrum)