We are in search of a strong AWS cloud Engineer to assist us with the redesign of cloud implementation of our Data Historian (Data Lake) platform.
Data Historian is a custom-built big data platform that is built from scratch using open source, big data and in-house technologies. It is designed to handle ingestion, storage, processing, and access of datasets at low cost in the cloud.
There are several components and services that support this platform that are currently run across a few different cloud application platforms.
This project will bring all of those services into a single account in AWS.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Expert-level knowledge and experience of AWS cloud architecture, such as VPC, VPN, Transit VPC, Transit gateway etc.
- Strong experience with AWS Fargate and knowledge of Docker/ Kubernetes
- Strong experience with AWS security and identity management
- Experience with Ping authentication
- Experience with AWS logging services
- Experience with log analysis tools such as Splunk
- Exceptional communication and troubleshooting skills
This person will work with the Data Historian team and the Cloud Op teams to implement Data Historian services in AWS Fargate.
- Expert-level AWS knowledge and experience
- AWS Fargate
- Transit VPC
- Transit gateway
- Docker/ Kubernetes
Nice to haves:
- Data lake
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal communication capabilities working in a collaborative team environment
- Strong desire to tackle hard technical problems and proven ability do so with little or no direct daily supervision
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)