AWS DevOps Engineer
$100k/ yr CAD
In this role, you will be focused on helping us evolve towards next-generation data platforms that power the enterprise's high-end music products whilst working with cutting-edge technology such as MongoDB, Elastic Search, Couchbase, Docker, AWS and others.
What your day-to-day looks like:
- Design and develop tooling to enhance the team's ability to efficiently develop, monitor, and operate.
- Educate and support the greater team on designing, developing and operating applications on Data Services.
- Contribute collaboratively on the evolution, maintenance of our data services.
- Maintain a healthy balance between vertical and horizontal scaling by leveraging AWS tools.
- Create and keep up to date detailed Jira tickets associated with development tasks.
- Put in place and maintain data security policies.
- Ensuring the availability of development and test environments; and subsequently automating & deploying solutions into these environments.
- Act as a critical support cast on all applications, infrastructures and post-prod activities
- Research solutions to complex problems and drive proof-of-concepts
What you bring to the table:
- Essential - Tech savvy & passionate.
- Essential - Linux: High proficiency, incl. operating/deploying software.
- Strong interest in developing an expertise in non-relational databases, notably MongoDB, Couchbase and ElasticSearch.
- Proficiency working with source control and build systems tooling (Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, GitHub)
- Experience with Amazon AWS services (e.g. EC2, ELB, AutoScaling, Cloudformation)
- Experience building/deploying/debugging applications with Docker.
- Knowledge of Container orchestration (Mesos, Kubernetes, Swarm)
- Preferred - D.E.C. or college degree in computer science or engineering, or equivalent.
- Preferred - 3+ years of experience in software development and/or IT operations working with a high-load
If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV/Resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Subject: "Candidate Submission: Job Title"
No 3rd party recruiters or agency submissions are accepted.