AWS Cloud Developer – contract or right to hire
Location: Basking Ridge, NJ
If interested, please call Rita 914-461-1670 or email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Able to move applications from local data centers to public cloud
Deploying self-managed services to EC2
AWS Cloud Developer
AWS SDK, CLI
Security, IAM Roles
IaC (Infrastructure as Code) CloudFormation, Terraform
Nice to have:
Serverless code with Lambda
FORMAL DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS:
Sr Software Engineer - AWS Cloud Developer – contract or 6 month Right to hire
IDEAL BACKGROUND/TOP REQUIREMENTS:
• Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
• Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
• Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
• Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
• Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
• Ability to identify key features of AWS services
• Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
• Understanding of application lifecycle management
• Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
• Ability to use or interact with AWS services
• Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
• Ability to write code using AWS security best practices (e.g., not using secret and access keys in the code, instead using IAM roles)
• Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
• Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
• Understanding of the use of containers in the development process
The software tools/skills that are needed to perform these daily responsibilities
Understand the current application infrastructure and suggest changes to it.
Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance.
Migrate our infrastructure with zero downtime to a highly available, scalable one.
Set up a monitoring stack.
Define service capacity planning strategies.
Implement the application's CI/CD pipeline using the AWS CI/CD stack.
Write infrastructure as code using CloudFormation or similar.
These skills/attributes are a must-have:
Experience with the core AWS services
Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
Strong notions of security best practices (e.g. using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.).
Experience with monitoring solutions such as CloudWatch, Prometheus, and the ELK stack.
Previous exposure to large-scale systems design.
Ability to troubleshoot distributed systems.
Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using CloudFormation or Terraform.
Experience with building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
Past experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda is a plus. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
These skills/attributes are nice to have:
• Development Experience with full-stack development
• Experience deploying apps on Open shift, Amazon
• Experience with Test-Driven Development.
• Experience with DevOps - Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
The work will be performed onsite in BASKING RIDGE NJ
The work hours are 9 am - 5 pm