Leidos has a career opportunity for an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Engineer at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. Candidates must already possess a TS/SCI security clearance.
The AWS Engineer is responsible for 1) architecting advanced business enabling solutions for Air Force Commercial Cloud Services (AFC2S) teams utilizing services from IC ITE; 2) providing technical direction for AF customers migrating to C2S; 3) playing a key role in integrating all cloud solutions and strategies into the Risk Management Framework and overall business practices; 4) possessing the technical understanding to provide expert guidance about AWS, IC ITE GovCloud, IC ITE Commercial Cloud Services (C2S), and other federal government community or emerging cloud frameworks.
- Current / Active TS/SCI security clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II equivalent certification
- 4-8 years of experience with cloud services (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Experience designing, developing, deploying, testing in AWS architecture Advanced knowledge of AWS Services including: Management - CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, Glacier Data Management - Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB Other - Server Migration, Storage Gateway
- Hands-on experiences with CloudFormation and Lambda Proficiency and experience with AWS developer tools and workflows (AWSCLI, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Demonstrate experience in transitioning large, complex applications to IC ITE Development, Test, and Production environments
- Experience in deploying enterprise services such as Domain Name System (DNS), Directory Services, and Host Base Security System (HBSS)
- 4 - 8 years of System Administration experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Amazon Linux, and Windows OS
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
-Bachelor’s degree (or 4 years of experience in lieu of degree).
- Special Access Program (SAP) experience
- Experience with programming and infrastructure automation (JSON, YAML, Python)
- AWS associate level certification or above
- Other industry certifications a plus
- Strong Linux knowledge
- Familiarity with cloud data and computing concepts
- Excellent briefing and writing skills
- Experience implementing Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) for various systems
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.