Location: Linthicum, MD
Description: Our client is currently seeking a AWS Database Engineer
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, building and administering secure databases on AWS cloud platform based on industry standards, best practices and guidelines
- Determine technical standards and specifications and lead the design, build and support of shared services cloud platform components
- Providing professional support services and/or the integration of their respective products.
- Implement the products based on best Practices .
- Researches new database and related technologies and products for their applicability to business processes
- Review the current database architectural landscape and make appropriate recommendations. •Must be able to compare various AWS and other database solutions and determine the one, which best fits, the need. •Designs, develops and maintains database infrastructure and backend applications. .
- Provides tier 1 and tier 2 support for the platform
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in database administration and development experience
- At least four (4) years of experience working with design and implementation of systems and databases at Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- 4 Years of Experience in installing, configuring, upgrading, migrating, backing up, restoring, troubleshooting, and tuning Microsoft SQL Server databases in a large 24x7 production environment on AWS cloud.
- Experience troubleshooting SQL Server database performance using native tools such Profiler, Activity Monitor, Data Collector, Dynamic Management Views, Extended Events, and Performance Monitor.
- 3 years of experience working with various AWS RDS databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and SQL Server databases
- Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases.
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com